Thursday, January 10, 2008

Not now...don't leave me!!

Do you see that beautiful baby in the entry below? My brand new niece! I just found out this week that I may have to watch her (and her 3 year old sister) grow up from a distance. My sister found out this week that her husband’s job is being eliminated and they have offered him a transfer to Savannah, GA. Talk about devastating…I can’t stand the thoughts of her being that far away from us – not to mention her girls, and even her husband (he's a pretty cool guy!).

We are an amazingly close family - almost sickeningly so! Deb and I have always been close - we're very different and we've certainly had our differences (remind me to tell you about her wedding day sometime!), but she's my best friend. Our girls are really close, too - especially her oldest and my youngest...Kayla was Caroline's hero almost from the time Caroline could talk. Kayla could do no wrong in her book and she drove her mom crazy constantly asking, "Where is Kayla?" I can give Caroline a gift and she'll always say - "Kayla gave me that!" We hand down a lot of clothes and all Deb has to say is "that used to be Kayla's" and Caroline is ready to put it on and wear it for days! Kayla loves Caroline just as much - they're really like sisters - yes, they fight like it, but they love each other a whole lot!

And then there's that beautiful new niece of mine. We are bonding and I'm so in love with her - the whole family is! She told me the other day that I'm her favorite aunt...really, she did - only I could understand it, but I'm certain that's what she said! ;) I can't stand the thoughts of missing her grow up - especially these first few years when they change so quickly.

I haven’t told my girls yet – after Cassie’s reaction when our other friends were going to move, I can’t imagine how she’ll react to this news. Kayla, too...she's not quite as sensitive as Cassie, but this one might just throw her for a loop. Anyway, it’s not 100% certain yet – he’s looking to see if he can find an alternative job here, but they can’t afford for him not to be employed, even for a short period, so if he doesn’t find something quickly they’ll have to take the transfer. You prayer warriors pray, please pray that something works out. I guess at least if she does move, it’s a beautiful area that I’ve never had the opportunity to visit, so that’s a good thing – about the only good thing!

2 comments:

TheNormalMiddle said...

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this and we'll be praying....for all of you!

koinonia community said...

No! They can't move!! I will be praying.